2017 for Bright Green Penguin
What has 2017 planned for Bright Green Penguin
Last year I applied for Share Your Story's Live A Good Life award & managed to get a place. This award gives me a place on their program, which is all about helping people tell a good life story.
My application was about Bright Green Penguin, and how I want to transform it, make it better. So going to use this blog post to think about some of my ideas
First off, what is the purpose of Bright Green Penguin (BGP). I wanted to do something to help improve the world. I never know what impact I have, if I have any at all but I still do this because I believe the world can only get better if everyone makes an impact not matter how small it is.
How do I want to make the world a better place? By sharing, promoting, championing great ideas, creatives, community initiatives which I hope may inspire other people. Like buying from local shops through the great #justacard campaign. Or volunteering while getting fit with Good Gym
So what do I want to achieve 2017?
I want to make BGP more real, not just a Twitter & Facebook account
Ideas I have include
- Offering pay as you feel consultancy
- Setting up networking events
- Become an online store or sell local designers crafts at Art Fairs / Craft Fairs
- Looking at what recycling options I can offer
- Creating a game which helps promote the three Cs of BGP - creative, charity & community
- Create a hub where people can share ideas
- Offer a connection service, i.e. if you are a company looking for a charity to support, or a community project looking for sponsors
- Create an leaflet / map promoting the local shops & community projects which need supporting
Plus also I will be developing Brighton Bricks, my adult fan of Lego group.
If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org