A training course by Magnetic ideals, who provide training, research and networking for organisations and individuals working for community interest and social sustainability. Run and support creative projects bringing communities together to create positive social change
Inspiring Creativity Course: Embedding Creativity in Your Working Practices
This course looks at how creativity used daily can improve your working practices. It will engage with different ideas of what creativity is, how the working environment can be made more creative and will leave you with a plan of how you can personally become more creative in how work. It will run over four weeks in the evening, giving you a chance not only to engage with the subject over a length of time but also to reflect on how this can impact in your working practice.
All of our courses are interactive, creative and focused on reflecting on your working practice, and developed in consultation with the community sector.
- Identify ways to create more creative working environment
- Develop an understanding of the connection between wellbeing and creativity
- Be able to inspire creativity in others
- To have a grasp of different creativity techniques
- Be able to have a clear plan of how you can apply different techniques to increase your personal creativity
- Week 1 – Defining creativity, art, inspiration and connectivity, what does it mean in different working situations, why is this useful in the work place? What does and doesn’t work and why.
- Week 2 – A creative environment – overcoming fear and workplace wellbeing, creating a balance: the role of confidentiality and the importance of space of sharing, team working, networking and diversity
- Week 3 – Techniques for becoming more creative: exercise’s in lateral thinking, divergent thinking, metacognition
- Week 4 – Going further – looking at the actions you will take improve creativity in your workplace and making a personal creativity plan
The course will run over four weeks on Wednesdays from 2nd February – 1st March from 5pm – 8.30pm in central Brighton.
The course cost is £30 per person and includes supporting electronic resources from the session. Book Your Place Online Here
The course is run in partnership with our funders UpStream Ideas