Sustainability Business Breakfast at Wiston House
Amanda Bates, Corporate Services & Compliance Manager, will discuss sustainability initiatives implemented at the historic building and throughout 6,000 acres of surrounding parkland, including:
- The site’s biomass boiler, fed from wood chip grown on the estate
- Motion sensor controlled LED lighting
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Staff engagement, including their Environmental Green Group
- Water saving measures, such as camel head showers and hippo systems
- Green energy tariffs
Topic Expert: Renewable Heat
We’ll also hear from industry expert Derrick Pope of Pope Consulting about renewable heat technologies including biomass boilers and heat pumps (ground and air-source). He’ll focus on:
- How they work and what businesses and premises they suit
- Installation costs, the Renewable Heat Incentive and typical payback periods
- Types of biomass fuel, delivery and storage considerations
- The biomass boiler Pope Consultancy installed at Wiston House in 2007
Breakfast & Networking
If you are looking to improve sustainability at your own organisation or would like to meet companies that share your environmental commitment, there will be an opportunity to exchange business cards and network before and after the presentations
Orange juice, tea, fresh coffee, bacon butties, fruit and croissants provided! (Other dietary requirements also catered for).
When & Where
– 9th February 08:00 – 10:00
– Wiston House, Wilton Park Conference Centre, near Steyning, West Sussex
This event costs £20 to attend or £30 for two delegates if you’d like to bring along a colleague, client or friend. We’re expecting around 30 delegates.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 964239.
This event is supported by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the UTILISE Plus programme.